Useful Advice For Parents
What is the local offer?
The local offer is an online resource for parents of children with SEND. It brings together and publishes in one place all the information on the services available in your area.
The local offer will contain information about a wide range of provision including:
- Education and specialist support;
- Social Care;
- Travel to school and college;
- Housing, employment and leisure opportunities.
The Children and Families Act 2014 requires all councils to publish their local offer from September 2014.
Please click here to find out more about the local offer.
Barnsley SENDIASS (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, Information, Advice and Support Service)
Barnsley SENDIASS offers free, confidential and impartial; information, guidance, advice and support to all parents and carers who have children or young-people who:
- Have a Special Educational Need (SEN) or Disability
- Are between the age 0-25 years
- Live in the borough of Barnsley
- The service will also support young-people from the age of 16 who have SEND.